- A minor misalignment of the segment of the spine (vertebrae) causing an irritation to a nerve with a loss of normal function.
- An interruption of communication from the brain to any cell, tissue or organ in the body.
- Subluxations are caused by any stress (physical, mental or chemical) the person cannot adapt to.
- Subluxations result in the organ, tissue, muscles, etc., losing their normal function.
- Subluxations cause a lowered resistance to disease.
- cause compression, tension, irritation and damage to the nerves in that area, thereby cutting off communication between the brain and the area that supplies signals to the nerve, or
- cause irritation and damage to the Central Nervous System (spinal cord), resulting in more extreme remedies depending on if there are multiple injuries or the severity of the injuries.
Subluxation causes the organs and muscles of the body to malfunction and heal poorly due to the interference they create in the Central Nervous System (CNS). The Central Nervous System totally controls all functions and healings in the body. The most common way to interfere with the Central Nervous System is subluxation.
Subluxations are caused by a lifetime of stress and trauma. Slips, falls, auto accidents, sports injuries, poor posture, bad sleeping habits, work stress or even childhood mishaps and the birth process itself can cause the spinal column to move out of its normal position.
(Emotional Stress, Physical Stress and Chemical Stress)
"There is no effect without a cause. Chiropractors adjust causes. Others treat effects." - B.J. Palmer, D.C.
Can a Subluxation Exist Without Pain?
Judging your health only by how you feel can be dangerous. The first symptom of high blood pressure is a deadly stroke. The first symptom of heart disease could be a fatal heart attack. Because your body is so adaptive, by the time many symptoms warn you of a problem it can be well advanced.
Symptoms are the body’s warning signals that something has been malfunctioning for some time and has needed attention. In most cases, subluxations are present without symptom or warning. Usually, a subluxations has existed for many years by the time a symptom arrives.
Malfunction in the body creates poor healing. This results in lowered resistance to infection, allergies, illness and disease.
Covering up symptoms with medications can ignore the underlying cause and delay healing and lead to the progression of dis-ease. This, in turn, can lead to an early death.
The purpose of a chiropractic evaluation in our office is to find out if a subluxations is interfering with your Central Nervous System, causing malfunction.
IF WE FIND SUBLUXATION ON YOUR EXAM, NERVE TESTS AND/OR X-RAY STUDIES, WE CAN HELP YOU.
A Subluxation is a serious condition identified by five parts:
- Abnormal motion or position of spinal bones: The bones of the spine have lost their normal motion and position. This can restrict your ability to turn and bend. It sets in motion the other four components.
- Abnormal nervous system function: Improper spinal function can choke, stretch or irritate delicate nerve tissue. The resulting nervous system dysfunction can cause symptoms elsewhere in the body.
- Abnormal muscle function: Muscles supporting the spine can weaken, atrophy or become tight and go into spasm.
- Abnormal soft tissue function: A rise in temperature from an increase in blood or lymph supply can result in swelling and inflammation. Discs can bulge, herniated, tear or degenerate.
- Abnormal function of the spine and body: Bone spurs and other abnormal bony growths attempt to fuse malfunctioning spinal joints.